The iPhone 6S users reports a iCloud backup issue on Apple’s support forums recently. When they did an iCloud restore from the iPhone 5S with iOS 9.0.1, it successful but lost their message and recent call history. It has been verified by AppleInsider. And other iPhone 6S customers also experienced this problem, they said that it wasn’t the message and call, data in same other apps got lost as well.
At first, we need to know what were be saved in iCloud backup. We find the answer on Apple Support about iCloud backup.
1. Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books
2. Photos and videos on your iOS devices, However, if you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device (iOS 8.1 or later) or Mac (OS X v10.10.3 or later), your photos and videos are already stored in iCloud, so they aren’t included in your iCloud backup.
3. Device settings
4. App data
5. Home screen and app organization
6. iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages
8. Visual Voicemail
9. Health data
10. HomeKit configuration
Ofcourse, You can choose turn off some iCloud backup from the third-party app on iPhone iCloud setting, but your message/imessage,call history and more private informations will load to iCloud every backup. Therefore, when you restore from iCloud backup, they should be back to your new iPhone. But they are not.
Apple support representatives have told customers that the company is aware of the issue and working on a solution, but no timelines or official workarounds have been announced.
Now we hope some solutions to fix this issue when it happened on your iPhone 6S/6S plus?
Part 1: Update iOS version to 9.1
1. Update your original iPhone and new iPhone to the latest iOS 9.1
2. Remade an iCloud backup on your original iPhone.
3. Reset the iPhone to factory settings.
4. Restore form iCloud backup and select the original iPhone backup.
Part 2: Restore from iTunes backup
1. Connect your original iPhone and new iPhone with your computer.
2. Open the original iPhone with iTunes and make an iTunes backup.
2. Select your new iPone 6S/6S plus in iTunes, Click "Restore Backup..." to choose original iPhone backup.
Part 3: Use iPhone data recovery tool to backup and recover your all iPhone data including the exist and deleted data.
Download Data Recovery for iPhone.
2. Connect your original iPhone with your computer and run data recovery for iPhone.
3. Select scan from iOS device and iTunes backup or iCloud backup to scan.
4. After the scanning has finished, select your all iPhone data including photos, videos, contacts, message/imessage, note and more information to your computer.
Any more questions or need help from us?
Contact our support team here.