How to Recover Deleted Photos from the iPhone
Updated: Nov 14, 2018
There are instances where you or someone else accidentally deletes photos from your iPhone. At times you may lose data on account of some issue. When it comes to photographs most of them carry memories of special moments you have spent at home or even at work. The experience can be very upsetting when lost. The good news is if you are an iPhone user, you effectively are able to recover lost data even if you have deleted it from the phone.
Why deleted photos on your iPhone can be recovered?
Before we start the recovery process, you should know why deleted photos on your iPhone or iPad can be retrieved.
Now let’s make a before-after test on deleting some photos from an iPhone. After connecting an iPhone to the computer, we can view capacity and disk usage on the iPhone with iTunes.
After deleting 60 photos
As you can see in the images above, 681 photos are taken up 926.6MB before deleting and 621 photos are taken up 912.8MB after deleting. The average file size of the photos on the iPhone is 1.5MB, so the storage should increase about 90MB, but the fact is that it increases only13.6MB (926.6MB-912.8MB=13.6MB).
You may wonder what is taking up the storage (90MB-13.6MB=76.4MB), here is the answer - the fragmented files of the photos are taken up 76.4MB! And the most important is that the photos are not deleted permanently within a certain period of time.
How to recover deleted photos/images from an iPhone
Now you understand why deleted photos can be recovered, there is Data Recovery for iPhone that allows you to recover lost photos with three recovery modes. You just need to install the program on your computer and follow the steps below.
Recover photos from your phone directly
Data Recovery for iPhone has deep scan searches to dig into the whole database to recover files. 1. Plug your iPhone into the computer; 2. Launch Data Recovery for iPhone and Click the “Start Scan” button to start the scan;
3. Click “Photos and Videos” tab, select lost data and save deleted files by clicking “Recover”. There you can use “Advanced Scan” to find out more photos, and the program allows you to preview lost data by category;
Retrieve photos from the past iTunes backup
With this method, you can restore the photos with an iTunes backup. 1. Open up the Data Recovery for iPhone, and select “Recover from iTunes Backup” mode;
2. You will get a complete list of iTunes backup files available on your device, then select the desired one to scan;
3. After the scan is completed, you should click the “Photos and Videos” tab and save deleted photos onto your computer.
Recover deleted photos from an iCloud backup
In this mode, Data Recovery for iPhone lets you to recover photos from your iCloud backup file. 1. Select “Recover from iCloud Backup” mode after the program is running.
2. Sign in your iCloud account, and all your iCloud backups will be listed there.
3. Select a backup from the list and start the scanning process. And Click the “Photos and Videos” tab and save deleted photos after the scanning has completed.